As a way to kick off almost an entire week of events, Clear Creek ISD will honor those who serve, or have served, our country through military service during the district’s November 4 football games.
The Clear Lake vs. Clear Springs Salute to Military Service game, scheduled for Friday, November 4 at 7 p.m. at Clear Creek ISD Challenger Columbia Stadium in Webster, will honor about 60 wounded and recovering soldiers with the help from the Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund.
Halftime will feature a patriotic arrangement performed by the Clear Lake High School and Clear Springs High School bands and a special video tribute to several CCISD staff members who have served their country as well as a spotlight on the District’s JROTC instructors. Weather permitting, fans will also be treated to an All-Veteran Parachute Team landing at the 50-yard line of Challenger Columbia Stadium to close out the military salute.
At both Challenger Columbia Stadium and during the Clear Falls vs. Clear Creek game at Veterans Memorial Stadium, all active duty, guard, reserves and retired military – and one guest – will be admitted free. Verification of affiliation, such as badge/ID, official uniform, etc. are required for free admittance.
In anticipation of all the Veterans Day celebrations planned around the district, the Salute to Military Service game gives Clear Creek ISD students and staff a chance to honor these outstanding men and women for their service and their tremendous sacrifice.
Clear Creek ISD believes in Character Education, a program that instills ethical values, respect for self and for others, responsibility, integrity and self-discipline. The Salute to Military Service game gives both students and staff the opportunity to recognize the character and selfless dedication shown by our community heroes.
Veterans Day activities open to the public across the district include:
- Bauerschlag Elementary will have a Veterans Wall of photos representing students’ family members who are veterans. It will be on display in the school’s main hallway.
- Bayside Intermediate is hosting their Veterans Day ceremony at 3 p.m. Nov. 11
- Brookwood Elementary has a Veterans program at 7 p.m. on November 14.
- Clear Creek High School is having a Veterans Day Ceremony at 9:45 a.m. November 11 that will include performances from all of our musical groups as well as a speech from General Bailey (Ret. Army).
- Clear Lake High School will honor our veterans – past and present – on the morning of November 11 at 6:45 a.m. for a sunrise ceremony. The ceremony will be held in front of the new building flagpole. The ceremony honors veterans and their families, many who are the children and faculty of Clear Lake, whom make tremendous sacrifices in protecting our way of life and serving our great nation.
- North Pointe Elementary is hosting its annual Veterans Day program from 8:15 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. on November 11 put on by the school’s PTA. Veterans will be recognized and a speaker from NASA will attend.
- Parr Elementary is hosting an event at 8:15 a.m. November 11 in front of the school with all students. The campus’ scouts will raise the flags and the school’s choir will sing.
- Ward Elementary will have a Veterans Day program for the entire campus and community at 2:20 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Thursday, November 10. The campus’ 2ndgraders will be singing honoring veterans. The school’s annual Veterans Wall made of paper bricks with pictures, names and branch of service and awards earned by the family members of students will also be on display.